I was worried when people said that it is always gray in Portland, simply because the idea of a gray world was so foreign to my Texan mind. "No bright blue days? No watching the sky transition from robin's egg blue through every permutation of blue until the purple of night?" It seemed so... wrong.
Oddly enough, it took a while for us to experience a gray day due to a week of bright, sunny days when we first moved here. Locals kept warning us not to get used to it while basking in it themselves. Want to know the weirdest part of that weather? I hated it! It felt like the sun was always in my eyes. When it wasn't in my eyes, the weather was just too like Texas and would make me homesick. When the good weather finally cleared, I felt a weight lift. I was finally excited to be here!
Now after living here for almost three weeks, I can tell you that the gray skies rumor is a lie. You can see a beautiful blue sky everyday. Well, if you just get up early enough! This is outside our house at 7 this morning and it was so pretty. I kept trying to get a photo on my walk with Porter, but neighbors started looking at me weird. "I am not taking peeping tom pictures of your house, lady; Just look at this beautiful blue daybreak!"
I saw every shade of blue as the sky turned from purple to light blue. So, don't feel sorry for us as far as the weather goes. Pity instead that as we're unpacking, I'm having to re-sort through everything we moved across the country. Just way too much junk! Also, I know there is a pile of stuff HB (HusBunny) has designated, "cool, but just needs CB (me) to fix".
So my to-do list today is:
-Get out of the house and talk to somebody I'm not married to
-Go on a run on this beautiful running trail we stumbled upon/walk the trail and take lots of pictures to post here
-Make dinner (yay, Crockpot!)
-Fix/paint the stuff in HB's pile
-Clean the house
-Do my normal 9-5 job
Hmmm... It sounded like so much more things to do in my head!
Ok, off to do all that and maybe even wash stinky Porter!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So, is the hamster wheel included in all the really cool stuff that you're supposed to paint? That would have made a very nice art project...;) I'll see if I can send you a picture of the sky here - it is so YUCK today. Love, Your Chub Bun Big Sis
ReplyDelete