Friday was busy, busy!
Porter and I finally got to go on a walk after finishing a flood of work, and I even took the camera with me. We walked to this nearby park that is just gorgeous with a Jurassic, tropical forest feel to it. I was so glad I brought the camera, as the sunlight filtering through the fog interspersed between the trees was something that just needed to be shared with all of you. I took a couple of pictures including the stream that runs along the trail and then just focused on hiking and minimizing mud accumulation. I plan on running there often while we live here. Finally, Porter and I made it back to the house and I went straight to the computer to transfer the pictures before I forgot about them. I popped open the memory disc hatch and there it wasn't.
I had forgotten to put the memory disc back in the camera after loading the first pictures of my first Friday failure of the day!
With that, I jumped in the car to get my coffee, pictures be damned.
I drove to Sur La Table and bought a new shiny Bialetti that makes 9 cups of coffee, which is 3 more than the one that was destroyed. With my purchase, I was rewarded with a free subscription to Bon Appetit and a warm welcome to Portland. From there, I picked up a couple things HB requested and met a friendly ex-Texan and then a lady who was utterly delighted with my homemade cherry earrings. Actually, every person I met with on that trip were equally delighted with me and delightful. Lastly, I had the most delicious mocha from a cafe that looked and operated so much like La Dolce Vita that I felt like I had been transported back to Austin.
So with my short shopping trip, Failure Friday suddenly had transformed into Friendly Friday. My parting thoughts on Friday are that coffee is essential to turning any day around and the Portlandians are nearly as friendly as Austinites.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
how delightful
ReplyDeleteI'm sensing sarcasm? Listen up, hubby- I know where you sleep and have free access to your toothbrush. Straighten up or get used to interesting (as in bad) flavored teeth brushing.
DeleteI think it's delightful! Makes me really want a strong latte :(.
ReplyDelete